Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

I have a error code 91 on a 5ton trane JA: I'll do all I

Customer Question

I have a error code 91 on a 5ton trane
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The thermostat dis play error 91 so nothing works and when i hit the rest button on the condenser only the fsn comes on
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: The capacitor are ok but the compressor dont run for me to check the pressure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 5 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. Answer: That is a communication error code, if you have two thermostat wires going to outdoor unit it and its not all communicating that would be the problem. Most likely you may have a bad relay board or wire harness, this is not a simple DIY fix so you may want to get a tech out to confirm. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?