Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Trane XE 1000 3 ton unit. Everything is working including the

Customer Question

Trane XE 1000 3 ton unit. Everything is working including the inside unit but it is not blowing cold air, only "cool" air. There is no condensate forming on my coils and nothing dripping from my A/C drain. It is running constantly and isn't frozen anywhere. Filter is new and all coils on the inside A coil and outside unit were cleaned to see if it would help. Nothing changed. It is running constantly and keeps the house at roughly 73-74 degrees even though the thermostat is set at 68. How do I know if whether or not the refrigerant needs recharged or my compressor has gone bad?
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Did you see my question?
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  bonzaco replied 7 months ago.
Need a few things from you - do you have the low side and high side pressures, is it capillary tube or expansion valve, what refrigerant and what is the ambient temperature? Is the unit fitted with a sight glass - Ian