HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Changed the thermostat to actually use the heat pump, fan stayed

Customer Question

Changed the thermostat to actually use the heat pump, fan stayed on all the time. Removed a Florida power load handler that was hardwired into the low voltage and I'm trying to figure out what goes where
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Need help running low voltage for a Texas 26fc1
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly. What wires are you connecting exactly?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The wires coming off the board, low voltage. They were cut when the power load management box was put in place.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.
OK what colors do you have and what terminals do you see?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
C terminal, teal. R terminal, 2 reds
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.
Your reds should go to the R terminal and the Teal should be your C you could verify it with a volt meter from Red to Teal to make sure. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Outside Condesor isn't coming on now
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.
Yes the two reds should go to R and the Blue should go to C check the inside unit for a burned up fuse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not working
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wire the thermostat as shown in the diagram and the outside unit doesn't come on at all
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind I figured it out
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.
Ok I am glad you got it if you need anything else let me know. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site...If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,I was just touching base with you because I have not heard back from you and the question is still open and unrated, if there is something else I can help you with follow up questions are free and can still be handled even after you rate the answer or did you just forget to rate the answer?