Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Goodman GSC130481CD that was installed last year after

Customer Question

I have a Goodman GSC130481CD that was installed last year after this unit has sat idle for several days upon start up it seems to get a second wind like something rushing through it and the unit comes up off the slab for a couple of seconds after it starts once there is no more issue whats up
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.I'm not understanding your question. Are you saying unit is extremely noisy upon start up?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it not so much noisy as the unit lifts up off the slab about one half inch and it sounds like there is surge of pressure when this happens but it will not do after you have started it the first from that point on it does fine
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.
That is certainly not normal.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no i knew this was a bad idea lets stop here and i will just call a service person
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.
It sounds to me like the unit was not installed correctly.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.
Has this been a recent development or always done this?