Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

This is , Russ, i purchased the fan

Customer Question

This is for Gotoman for AC,
Hello Russ, i purchased the fan switch and installed it. The furnace is still behaving as it did before with the furnace lighting but then shutting down because the fan is not turning on. Can you help me? Thank you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 7 months ago.
99% of time it is the Fan switch. How long does it run before it shuts down. Russ
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It burns for about 30seconds then it shuts off. It cycles and relights but the fan never comes on so it just continues until i turn the furnace off.
That is an older furnace. Contacted Mobile Home supply. They said on older Nordyne which was sold under Coleman brand. Replace fan relay,limit and fan switch. There reason for this is that if they have never been replaced they need replacing just due to age. The only other thing in series is the fan relay. Has a normally open and closed set of contacts. I work on them often and 99% of time it is just the fan switch. Russ