Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Trouble shot heil furnace it needed transformer replaced, after

Customer Question

Trouble shot heil furnace it needed transformer replaced, after replacing attempted to start unit in the A/c position. Immediately system started but ran only approximately 10 seconds, the blower continued to run but the condensor never started. I then switched to the heating position which worked fine. I have since replaced condensor relay and thermostat only to recieve heat but a/c now doesn't operate blower nor condensor I suspect the board, but wanted to be sure
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 months ago.
hello,The board actually has little to do with the ac outdoor unit running.The fact the transformer was bad leads me to believe there was a short in the wiring to the ac unit. With thermostat in ac and set low for there 24v at the following: In furnace c terminal to y - 24?c terminal to g - 24v?