Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a Honeywell th 8000 programmable thermostat but my ac

Customer Question

I have a Honeywell th 8000 programmable thermostat but my ac is not turning on
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The thermostat appears to be working fine I have changed the batteries but the ac will not turn the fan on to cool when I adjust the temperature to a lower setting - what could be causing the fan not to come on for the ac or heat ?
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I don't think so but I did just move into my home about a month ago and the unit was working fine but today was the first day that I have tried to use the system again and I'm not sure if it's the thermostat or the unit outside - please help
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Here is a short list of things that will keep the AC from coming on, and the fan not coming on in AC or heat mode. - Furnace blower door not fit well- Float switch in the condensate line stuck or condensate pan full of water.- BLown fuse on the printed circuit board.- Defective thermostat.- Bad 24v transformer. Tell me a lot about your technical skill levels so that I can coach you most effectively, we can go from there.