Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.

I have a prestige trimax 110 solo dog kennel. One 400

Customer Question

I have a prestige trimax 110 solo for my dog kennel. One 400 foot loop in slab. Do I need one more pump be Sides the one in the boiler
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.You should use a pump for the radiant zone besides the one in the boiler. The boiler pump is designed to maintain boiler temp at optimal levels regardless of the temp of return water from the heating zone.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But it was working fine till I added an expansion tank it's like its air locked
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
That's a different issue. The 2 pump config is preferred particularly since return water temp from a radiant panel is too cold. You need to purge the air out of the system. The purging config for a radiant system can be different than for a typical baseboard system. I need pictures of the system piping at the radiant manifold and near the boiler if you want purging instructions. Click on ADD FILES next to the SEND button to post pics