HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Model GAM5AOC42M31SAA, (after servicing and duct replacement),

Customer Question

Model GAM5AOC42M31SAA, (after servicing and duct replacement), is noisy when on COOL or HEAT! However when fan is is on the unit runs at a lower speed and is quiet. There is no speed difference between HEAT and A/C as both seem to be in a high mode. Before servicing the unit was quiet in all modes. Installer/tech. inspected and in my precense the fan showed no looseness or vibration. Vibration and noise can be felt through the first floor from the unit installed in the "crawl space".
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: The blower wheel may be unbalanced or even may have a crack in it. I would double check all the fines on the blower wheel for any build up of dust or debri on the fins as that will cause the blower to vibrate on high. If that is clean then you will likely need a new blower wheel, if someone was rough cleaning it they could have bent it slightly and that will cause an issue. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!