Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I don't know to take thermostat off temporary setting. Older

Customer Question

I don't know to take thermostat off temporary setting. Older one
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a thermostat with hold, select and up and down arrows on the right side.
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Older model. Works well. I set a temp and it goes back to another setting after sometime.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
What is the brand & model number of your thermostat? If you don't know then a picture of it might help. You can post a picture here by clicking on ADD FILES next to the SEND button
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sending picture
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
I'm not familiar with this model. I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!When you say "temporary setting" do you mean you temporarily moved the up and down arrows to change the temp in the house?