Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Last summer the wires to the motor overloaded and brunt up.

Customer Question

last summer the wires to the motor overloaded and brunt up. the motor itself was clogged from not being cleaned for so long. after not being able to find a new wire I cut off and rewired . I'm pretty sure I got it right but it doesn't blow cool. the outside unit is blowing.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: i wasn't sure about two of the wires when i put it together pretty sure though
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.What are we working on here? What kind of unit? Make and full model number?