Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My name is***** bought a white Rodgers 1F89-211 heat

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** bought a white Rodgers 1F89-211 heat pump thermostat. Its hooked up but the cool isn't working
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Everything else works but the air the ac unit outside even kicks on but no cold air
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.Are you ready?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
AC kicks on so t-stat is not the problem.Always make sure to have a clean filter in the indoor unit, good air flow indoors, and a clean outdoor condenser unit.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
You think thats all good
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The filter was changed recentky. The only thing though is the air worked with the old one but not my new one. Reason for upgrading is because the old thermostat wouldn't kick off
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Can you tel if outdoor fan AND compressor working or just outdoor fan?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I know the fan for sure was working.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Can you attach a clear picture of your outdoor inner electric parts, you will have to remove panel and tell me what is model number.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Model number is *****
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
That is a heat pump defrost control board picture, and is not a air conditioner unit. anyways, picture needed is of the capacitor, and contactor relay,
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 months ago.
hello, my name is Billy. I have much simpler way of checking the system directly from the thermostat wires. If you are still willing to proceed we can do this quickly and easily and I am in no hurry