Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

I have a dual split ductless multi zone air conditioner. One

Customer Question

I have a dual split ductless multi zone air conditioner. One of the inverters keeps shutting off. The digital display says P5. What does that mean and how do I fix it?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: Have you tried to power the unit off to reset it and how long does it run?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have not. Do I power it off from the electrical box?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Now it's working.
OK that is an outdoor unit fault, check the power to the unit and more than likely the Inverter for the outdoor unit is going bad that is the most common failure on that unit. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!