Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Is my weil McLain boiler CG2 compatible with nest thermostatWhere

Customer Question

Is my weil McLain boiler CG2 compatible with nest thermostat
Where does C wire go? Can only
Get 12.4 v power
Thanks
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.
Are you installing a Honeywell thermostat?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Nest
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.
There is no reliable C connection on this boiler. If you had a Honeywell stat I have a work around. I don't have one for Nest. I'm going to open this up to my colleagues maybe one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!Could you upload the wiring diagram to me here? There are many variations of this boiler.