Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I currently have a whirlpool ag25d0 model dehumidifer which I have in the basement of my house. The unit does draw any water when running. This problem started last summer when the humidity was higher. Have tried to run the unit this spring for a while. Same problem persists.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Appliance Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
Are you saying that the unit DOESN'T draw any water when running?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I meant the unit does not draw any water while running.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
OK thank you thats what I thought just checking, can you confirm that the internal fan and the compressor are running and can you also give me the product code from the rating label so that I can look up the specific appliance as the model number above doesn't come up on my data base.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The model number is ***** (gave you the wrong model), s/n QJ1118945. The internal fan does run. Unsure if the compressor is working. Anyway to check that part?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
You need to find out if the compressor is running, no running no cooling no water
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there anyway to check the compressor to see if it's running properly?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.
OK if the internal fan is running can you feel any warm air coming out of the back?