Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Carrier fe5anoo4tooabaa furnace getting 6 times a blinking

Customer Question

carrier fe5anoo4tooabaa furnace getting 6 times a blinking light at the pc board i do not have a manual to see what it means thank you in advance for your help Carlo
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.
Let me see if I have a manual. Tell me a bit about what is going on while I a looking it up.
Got the manual. Is the flash code on the amber Status, the green Comm or the amber Motor led?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no i can not call i don't want to spend more money when i do not have an answer thanks
Phone call is not necessary.Website automatically offers it.We can continue here.Is the flash code on the amber Status, the green Comm or the amber Motor led
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it is on the amber status
OK now watch the light closely and tell me how many long flashes and how many short flashes.A short flash is.25 seconds and a long flash is 1 second
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
one long one and six shorts ones
Do you have a communicating thermostat with wires attached to ABCD terminals or non communicating with wires connected to conventional C,Y,OW G and R terminals?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
terminals are conventional r,y,w,g c
Has this air handler been working and just failed or is this a new installation or replacing thermostat?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it was working and installed in a different place i don't know what it could be
The 16 error code is a communications issue but implies we should be using a communicating thermostat.
What is the problem you are having? I would suspect you can use with a traditional stat.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it does not run, do the wires from the thermo are install on the a b c d terminals o the other strip
Depends on what type thermostat you have and what terminals they connect to there. Can you verify for me?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is been hooked up to the long strip
Do they match terminals on thermostat?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes they do red to red white to white and so on
Is fuse on board blown or good?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is good with out it I won't be able to read the flashes on the light
I am about to leave so I will open to other experts so you do not have to wait.Do not leave rating or reply as that will send back to me and I may not be here until tomorrow evening.
Expert:  Sean replied 11 months ago.
Hello carlo, I can help you let me review the question
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok have him respond to me tomorrow I'm going to bed thx
Expert:  Sean replied 11 months ago.
Well if your wanting airheatman back he wont be on till tomorrow evening and same for me, What would you like to do?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Continue tomorrow so I have some time to double check things on the unit thx Carlo
Expert:  Sean replied 11 months ago.
Customer would like to continue with Airheatman
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm not in front of the unit anymore i have to go back tomorrow to keep troubleshooting thx
Carlo I will be out in field most of the day, but will check in with you this evening.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you going to help me this evening? I'm in front of the unit I did ck all the wires going to the thermo and there is no shortage between them I hook wires back and still have the same error(16) but the fan coil runs when is at on position on slow speed thx carlo
Had internet issues preventing me from signing on last night.Are you available this morning?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Let me know when you will be ready
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I been waiting for you to tex me so we can finish troubleshooting my Ac thx Carlo
Carlo, sorry for the delay.I had to go out of town. Thought I opened to other experts while I was gone.Just got back today and got message you are still waiting.Let me know the followingJump the following wires at termostat and let me know what happens with each.Red and green , red and white and red and yellow