Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.

Have Apollo Hydro heat unit (ten years old-in condo). Intelli

Customer Question

Have Apollo Hydro heat unit (ten years old-in condo). Intelli Vent control does not work. Doesn't light up. Water is very hot. What should I do?
Vendors around here either don't know about these things or seem to be very expensive.
Bob Pallace ***@******.***
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
I don't understand your issue. If the Intellivent gas valve LED's don't light up the the water heater shouldn't work. So how do you have water that is very hot? Can you explain to me specifically what your issue is?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's the issue. The water is hot but the lights are out. The water is too hot and I can't adjust it.i gotta leave this machine. Will be back tomorrow to see if you have any further thoughts.
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
It sounds like your gas valve is malfunctioning. If you can't adjust the temp with the arrows on the Intellivent then your only option is to replace it. However, if it is 10 years old it may not be worth the expense since the tank is at the end of it's expected life. In fact water heaters that are also used for space heating tend to have a shorter life span than those used only for DHW (domestic hot water). If you have any more questions I'll need the brand, model number and serial number of your water heater.