Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.

Re I get an error code 33 on my payne furnace JA: Thanks.

Customer Question

Re I get an error code 33 on my payne furnace
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I start the furnace the fan bliws, shoes code 12. After a short time the flames ignite and it only lasts about 5 min then cuts off and shows code 33 then cde 13
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.This is an open limit circuit error. What you describe makes me think you have restricted air flow which can be caused by a dirty filter, blocked vents or possibly a clogged AC coil if you have central AC.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
All of these things have been checked, so its not that
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
The only other possibilities are a bad connection in the limit circuit or possibly a bad board. A bad limit (out of calibration) is also a possibility but these usually work or they don't. It would be unusual for one to fail in this manner.
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
The only other thing that can cause this error is an open rollout switch/sensor but if that was the culprit the burner shouldn't fire up
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
How can you check for a bad board?
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
You can't directly. If the limit circuit has continuity end to end and you still get this error then you have a bad board.