Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

I have a Riva Combi boiler that makes a loud hissing noise,

Customer Question

I have a Riva Combi boiler that makes a loud hissing noise, and shows pressure above 2, and lets water out constantly. I turn off the heat in the thermostat and shut off the water in order to stop the noise and water runoff. Is it dangerous to turn the water main on for a few minutes for a shower while the boiler is hissing? thank you.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: The boiler is online and seems to be oerating normally according to light indicators. Only when the water main is turned on, the hissing noise and water run-off occur.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: You can use it for now, but you will want to get it checked out right away. This could be a couple things but you can use it to take a shower. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!