Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech

We are going from a carrier thermostat to a honeywell thermostat

Customer Question

we are going from a carrier thermostat to a honeywell thermostat model RTH9580wf. On the carrier we have 8 wires. We seemed to match up 6 of the wires but we are left with a blue wire and back wire. The blue wire was connected to the carrier thermostat to a terminal named s1 and the black wire went to a terminal named DHUm. We don't know where to connect these to the honeywell thermostat
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 months ago.
Hello, do you use the dehumidification feature on your system? You can make this change but will have to give up a feature. You still have fan, heating and cooling...but the dehumidification will be not used. Is this acceptable?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, then the wifi will not work for you in this case. The Carrier is a "made for specific" system and has proprietary features. The Honeywell is a generic use.This particular unit will not work if you want all features. Billy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can you recommend a wifi thermostat that will work
I will check my cross may be a an hr, but you will receive an email with my finding. Billy
Expert:  Technician HVAC replied 6 months ago.
Good evening, Are you still needing help, If so please provide your model number to your old thermostat
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Emerson 1F95-1291 is a good option that supports all the features you had with the old one.But this one wont support wifi, depending of you specific need, you probably can do without that function.