Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Just moved into a new home and we have a robertshaw 9600 thermostat.

Customer Question

Just moved into a new home and we have a robertshaw 9600 thermostat. Ac seems to come on but it's not cooling
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm worried that the ac might be busted. But hoping it's the thermostat issue. I tried resetting it but still not cooling well enough
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.
Russ here. First check outside unit and see if it is running. If it is feel the large copper line going into the unit and see if it is cold. It should be cold and sweating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey Russ, it's raining here today and cool so the pipe is wet and cold. I will have to check once the weather changes.
Ok. Another check you can make is take a temperature reading at the closest vent to return air grill and them a reading at return. The difference should be 19 to 20 degrees. Anything less you have a problem with AC. Russ