HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a Trane ComfortLink II thermostat that I'm trying to

Customer Question

I have a Trane ComfortLink II thermostat that I'm trying to replace with a honeywell TH8320ZW .. I see the 24V Common and 24V Hot connections but I don't see where the remaining wire goes. On the Trane ComfortLink II Thermostat it's labeled with the letter "D". Where does that connect on the Honeywell TH8320ZW thermostat.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I believe that is it.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: What wires were connected to the old thermostat?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There are only 3 wires connect to the ComfortLink II. One Labeled "D" (DATA), One Labeled "R" (24VAC HOT) and One Labeled "B" (24VAC Common)
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I believe the 24VAC Common goes to the "C" terminal and the 24VAC HOT goes to the "R" terminal. I do not see a terminal for the "D" on the Honeywell TH8320ZW.
Yes this is a data cable you can not use the Honey Well with the comfortlink system. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Iris lead me to believe it was compatible with the Iris system & Trane unit.
I am not seeing it as compatible with your system