Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

OK I installed a new thermostat and the ad compressor will

Customer Question

OK I installed a new thermostat and the ad compressor will not switch on. Please help
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The compressor starts when manually pressed at the switch. It does not start when I jump the r and y lines.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I apologize for the delay. does the fan only work when fan switch set to on instead of auto?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No it works on both auto and on but only the blower. The outside fan and condenser does not switch on at all.
Thank you..and this started when you changed thermostat? Or it was not stating before?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We can expedite this if you call me at my number. The condenser switches on manually if I press the pressure plate
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I just bought the house I had it inspected and I want to say the guy said the ac and heat both worked but I'm unsure if he checked the condenser and it was cool outside and it would be a easy mistake to make
Good that means you have power at thermostat and power to unit. What color are on what terminals in thermostat and is this gas furnace with ac or heat pump? I am not currently configured for phone call but opt to another tech if need be
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm fine with this I didn't know you couldn't just call me from your cell I will still agree that I am satisfied once we fix it but so be it. Ac pump. I have red light blue green white brown and yellow
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Heat pump
great...is the new thermosat programmable?Did you program it menu for heat pump in menu?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes and yes
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The yellow is on y the blue is on c the green is on green the white is on w2 the orange is on o/w/b and I don't have anything in y2 or l I messed up and didn't take a picture of before but if memory serves me correctly I have it right except I can't remember where the brown went. When I connect the brown to y2 the blower stays on all the time
ok...what is model number of thermostat? And...take the red wire and yellow wire and touch directly together..tell me if compressor come on...then try red to w
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I think my compressor has a five minute delay it says on the board something about a delay between power up and power down. Its a Honeywell smart WiFi thermostat
did you go to menu in set up and tell the thermostat it is controlling a heat pump?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes I did
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Its set up for a one stage heat pump ac with backup heat. When I connect red and yellow.nothing. red and white turn the blower on and the heat but the outside fan and condenser doesn't click on either time
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
With the white when I hit it to the red the blower immediately cuts on the condenser does not. When I put red to yellow the blower doesn't cut on for 5 minutes but it does cut on once it says cool on but the condenser does not
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I figured it out myself does that mean I don't have to pay the 28 dollars lol