Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My name is ***** ***** my Central AC does not blow cold air to

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** my Central AC does not blow cold air to every vent in the house. Also, the AC goes on and off too many times in an hour or so. What seems to be the problem and is it something I can do myself?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 6 months ago.
Brian are you saying some rooms get good air flow and others do not? Does air coming out seem to be at least 16 degree cooler than return air and is unit cycling with thermostat or shutting off before thermostat setting is reached?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes, some rooms closest to the return get good airflow and others do not. The unit shuts off before the setting is reached.
Sounds like you have more than one issue going on. You will probably want to get an onsite technician to check ductwork and see if there is an issue with losing air somewhere or ducts need to be re worked .As for shutting down before thermostat temp is reached could be low on refrigerant or an issue with low or high refrigerant pressures but will require gauges to determine.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok, thank you. I appreciate the help. Do you recommend a business in my area?
Brian what brand is unit and what is your zip code?