Sean, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner HVAC company
64612473

Acinect furnace *ancient JA: Thanks. Can you give me any

Customer Question

acinect furnace *ancient
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: replaced the motor on the belt driven fan issue is, when the flame kicks on, the blower should start it does but then the blower gets knocked out er, flames get knocked out then the fan stops and the flames restart cycling on and off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Sean replied 1 year ago.
Hello, so your saying that flames come on as normal blower then starts and the flames go out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes. When the blower comes on the flames go out except for the pilot. When the blower cuts off the flames reignite. I recently replaced the belt motor and i think it is spinning the wrong way.
Expert:  Sean replied 1 year ago.
How old is the furnace ? This may be a more serious thing like a cracked heat exchanger I can walk you thru on how to test this this evening if you would like.You will need birthday candles and some way to put candle in the chambers
Expert:  Sean replied 1 year ago.
Would you like me to walk you thru a heat exchanger test ?