Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.

I have an XR 14 Trane heat pump/ac system built in November

Customer Question

I have an XR 14 Trane heat pump/ac system built in November 2008. Model No is 4TWR4060C1000AA and serial no. is 8472WDG2F. Can you tell tonnage from this info?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Want to know if one condenser as described above can adequately cool at two-story house 2,828 sq ft (conditioned) in Austin Texas climate zone?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.That would be a 5 ton unit. This is a very large unit and should be more than sufficient to cool your home.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks. I thought it would be 5 tons. Thx
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you have additional questions. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions. Remember, you can rate question at any point and still ask more questions (related to the same thing) later on. Experts prefer if you rate question at the end of our first chat.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.
Did you have additional questions?