Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I'm dealing with a water cooled Trane unit. Green

Customer Question

***** ***** I'm dealing with a water cooled Trane unit. Green light is on, middle light is flashing red and 3rd light is ogg Off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The compressors are not coming on. It says short cycle
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 10 months ago.
Hello, tell me about how old the system is, and as much about the cooling tower and evaporative condenser condition as possible. Use the paper clip icon on the right end of the tool bar above, or the 'attach files' link to the left of your send button to send me a photo take from 15 feet away of the trane unit with the covers open, and the cooling tower or evaporative condenser on the roof in most cases, but sometimes sitting at ground level outside, it is generally about twice the size of the trane unit. I need the model number of the Trane unit. Next tell me a lot about your technical skill levels, you may need a bit of training and coaching... if it looks like that will go over an hour I will offer you a premium service to handle that. We can go from there