gotoman for ac
gotoman for ac, HVAC Technician
Experience:  51 years of experience install design and repair of all makes and models of AC
19613070

Condensor not coming on not the fan or compressor. I replaced

Customer Question

Condensor not coming on not the fan or compressor. I replaced both capacitors and contactor and still nothing. I have a low end multimeter and checked voltage on contactor and im getting a 0. I dont know what else to try. Can you help?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Inside blower comes on just fine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 10 months ago.
If no voltage to contractor check breaker. To see if breaker is good check across the two connections coming out of breaker.. You may just have 1 leg of power. Should have 220 volts coming out of breaker. Try reseting it first. Russ
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hello gotoman been working on it this morning turns out it was my breaker it was stuck in the middle had to mess with it a little but finally got it to click to on
Everything working ok; Great' If no more questions you can rate me know. Thanks.
Great job. I would replace that breaker. Just for safety. Cheap repair. Russ