Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Tried to program the thermostat and now when it calls /c

Customer Question

Tried to program the thermostat and now when it calls for a/c it blows out hot air. The compressor is running and fan is running.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I just told you
JA: Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 6 months ago.
Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help! A little more information would be really helpful. Did you just install a new thermostat? If so, what is the brand and model number of the new thermostat? Do you know if you have a heat pump type heating/cooling system? Thanks,Brian