Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Need to replace the air filter Ruud Achiever 90 JA:

Customer Question

Need to replace the air filter for a Ruud Achiever 90
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Need to replace the air filter for a Ruud Achiever 90. Which the size or model number needed. And a particular brand that works well
JA: Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 6 months ago.
First we have to determine if you have a filter in the bottom of the furnace or just an external filter grille in wall or ceiling. If there is a filter in furnace it will be in blower section.Please remove panels and let me know.We will go from here.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Is it possible that the filter can be top loading as there is a small, open space where I believe it should be placed
Can you attach a photo or give me complete model on furnace? Model will be on a label in burner section.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The Achiever 90 is a series. We are looking for a number like RGPH07EAUER or similar, but most of these furnaces come with no filter installed.If it has one it is going to be a plastic washable one usually in blower compartment.
See link