Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My heating system at home is not working JA: Sometimes HVAC

Customer Question

My heating system at home is not working
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a burnham series 2 boiler natural gas with one single circulation pump and one thermostat but nothing is working. I thought it was the transformer 120/ 24 volts but still not working. I installed a new transformer but still nothing work.
JA: Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Can you get to the thermostat wiring and manually connect two wires together to see if the unit comes on?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the thermostat inside the house? remove thermostat and connect the two wires together to see if the unit comes on? I will do that as soon as I get home from office. something else I can do?
Well if you are having issues with just one thermostat in the house that operates the unit I would start there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Well, the whole system is not working, boiler, and circulation pump. when I turn the thermostat on, it turn the circulating pump and the boiler at the same time but this time is not doing anything. I do hear a click when I turn the thermostat.
Do you see a RED RESET button on the burnham unit?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, there is not RED RESET
Is this an oil burner?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. It is a gas burner
Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.Do you access to/know how to use a voltmeter?