Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My name is ***** *****, I am trying to benchmark the production

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****, I am trying to benchmark the production of my service sales team. I was looking for the national average on closing percentages for commercial-industrial service agreement sales.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Since I began the market has changed, I want to figure out along the sales cycle what it takes to achieve $250,000 in pure agreement sales-Avg sale is around $5000. I know the estimated number of agreements that need to be sold but going from lead in -qualification-meetings-to closing where my teams numbers fall vs others?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 10 months ago.
Hello, there are no bench marks on any of that in the service contract sales business...its an individual situation, depends on the city, the competition and how your offer stacks up against the competition. One of the key aspects of your offer, is how long you have been in business and to what level your technicians are trained to and what established accounts you have... if those three are in place you will have a good chance of winning your share of the market. Lacking that most owners of larger buildings and process facilities are not going to be at all inclined to get rid of their long term and trusted service provider, even to save 30% or more. I am 75 years old, with 55 years in the business, If you would like to discuss the situation in detail for the few hours it will take to give you worthwhile guidance, let me know, I will submit a premium service offer or you can suggest what you think 2 hours of my time is worth, and perhaps long term coaching per hour, and if that works on my end, we can go from there.