Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Varatrac system static sensor indicating 9.0" w.c please a

Customer Question

Varatrac system static sensor indicating 9.0" w.c please advise.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am in Guantanamo Bay Cuba working on this system I can receive phone calls or texts I can you or via email need asap going to site to review this afternoon. clearance is a issue.
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
Hello, please describe the application, if this is a commercial building, or hotel etc 9" wc is more than virtually all of the blowers in these systems are designed to produce... first step is to use a water tube manometer to check the pressure... if it is a lot lower than 9" wc then the sensor is bad and needs to be replaced, or less likely the control board it plugs into is bad. Direct contact with an expert via personal email or skype is a premium service. I will submit that, you can accept or ignore it, if you ignore it we can continue here.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We got it thanks we utilized a micro-manometer the actual static is 0.90"wc the vara trac DDC readout= 94.0"w.c. and the relitel = 9.0" w.c it appears that the span was the issue new sensor on order we recommended to them to relocated static sensor 2/3 down trunk line. What we discovered is that the system they had installed was a Tracker VAV pressure independent system and a Varatrac pressure dependent. reiltel not connected to Vara trac touch screen.
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
Good work! if you will rate my assistance positively the company will pay me for time, it is how I earn a living, and will not affect your charges. Just look for the 'rate your expert' button. Thanks!