Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.

Does this installation look incorrect? We had a new lennox

Customer Question

Does this installation look incorrect? We had a new lennox furnace installed as we were smelling off gas smells and now still smelling and a burning smell, company doesn't know. The exhaust is the left link to picture, as well smell off gas smell from gasket at intake joint.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.I don't see anything in the picture that's a cause for concern. There is a "burn in/break in" period when the furnace is first fired up. The oil and other products used in the manufacturing process have to burn off. This usually takes a couple hours and we advise customers to open the windows and leave the house if possible.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We actually figured out its leaking g from joint picture below, with caulked it's okay but short term solutioncompany won't come out and fix it as say nothing is wrong does anything look wrong?
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Nothing looks wrong. I see plenty of cement in the joint but there's no way to tell if a joint is leaking by looking at it. If you have detected a leak there then the fitting needs to be cut out and replaced. But silicone caulk is a good temporary fix.