Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic

What is my e4 error message mean do I correct

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
"E4" refers to the freeze sensor located in the air conditioner on the roof of your vehicle or it can actually be the control board also in the a/c unit. The freeze sensor (mounted to the condenser fins) has 2 wires that plug into the control module box at the front of the air conditioner unit. If this 2-pin connector is loose you can get an "E4" error code. Its always worth a try pulling the fuse and/or unplugging/re plugging the sensor, sometimes its just a faulty/corroded connection.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I had tried these responses before going on ask as they are on the internet. I was lucky enough to find a new board at an rv dealer and it.didnt work either. I got the.same.e4. I checked and even replaced.the freeze sensor and that didnt work. l thought my cleaning of the ac unit had cured the problem but it was only temporary. I got the furnace to fire once. I am changing out the the wall thermostat now
Expert:  bonzaco replied 6 months ago.
OK come back to me when that is fitted.