bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

What is my e4 error message mean and.how do I correct

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.
"E4" refers to the freeze sensor located in the air conditioner on the roof of your vehicle or it can actually be the control board also in the a/c unit. The freeze sensor (mounted to the condenser fins) has 2 wires that plug into the control module box at the front of the air conditioner unit. If this 2-pin connector is loose you can get an "E4" error code. Its always worth a try pulling the fuse and/or unplugging/re plugging the sensor, sometimes its just a faulty/corroded connection.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had tried these responses before going on ask as they are on the internet. I was lucky enough to find a new board at an rv dealer and it.didnt work either. I got the.same.e4. I checked and even replaced.the freeze sensor and that didnt work. l thought my cleaning of the ac unit had cured the problem but it was only temporary. I got the furnace to fire once. I am changing out the the wall thermostat now
Expert:  bonzaco replied 11 months ago.
OK come back to me when that is fitted.