Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My fan will not spin on my Train Xii AC unit. I have replaced

Customer Question

My fan will not spin on my Train Xii AC unit. I have replaced the capacitor, if I manual give the fan a push it will start and stay on for a little while, but then eventually the fan stops and I cannot get it to start again with the thermostat alone. I can here the clicks so it's getting power but the fan won't stay in motion. It makes kind of a buzzing noise like it wants to work, and the buzzing noise stops when I manually give the fan a push. But, won't stay spinning. And it is 80* in my house lol
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.Are you ready?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yes. thank you
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
I always test new capacitors just to make sure with micro farad tester but sound like the motor is probably toast.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.