Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.

JA: . How can we help? Customer: im trying to install

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: im trying to install a new thermostat. I'm trying to figure out how to wire it
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: the old thermostat has 2 wires going into it a green adn a white. there is also a red wire not connected to anything. We have heat only. Its a hot water radiator system
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.Connect your leads to R & W. If green was connected before (and only 2 wires were used) ten connect green to R and white to W. Normally red goes to R but if it wasn't used before they must have used green instead.