HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have a munchkin contender installed in a customer home.......kicked

Customer Question

I have a munchkin contender installed in a customer home.......kicked out on an f1 code.....flue is open. have pulled the heat exchanger apart and the target is intact. I got it to fire when i got here before doing anything and the flue pipe stayed cold and i could feel excessive heat on the left side of the exchanger......it obviously got hot as the plastic cover is disfigured as is the cover on the board....i am cleaning it now and have installed a new blower also that i had gotten a while back but hadn't installed it untill now. When i put it back together i am not sure where to go next.....any ideas? condenasate lines appear open also......
thank you!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: That means the vent has exceeded temperature...Push the red reset button on the switch. 2. Check the flue temperature during operation using a combustion analyzer. 3. Replace the vent limit switch if faulty. 4. Verify the combustion drain if clear and draining properly. 5. Visually inspect the target wall to see if it is intact. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!