Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

My York diamond 80 - the fan is on, but there's no air moving

Customer Question

JA: I'll do all I can to help, York. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: trying to figure out why
JA: Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I'm intensely handsome
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 months ago.
Hello, is the unit being used in heating or cooling mode?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: If the fan is on and no air is moving then the EVAPORATOR COIL on the unit is icing up and blocking airflow. This is caused from a low freon condition typically and once the unit is filled to the proper level of freon it will work fine again. You can have it also checked for a leak, but slow leaks over the winter happen causing this issue in the spring when first running it. All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime! HVAC GURU