Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

I have an issue WITH four blinking lights on

Customer Question

***** ***** - I have an issue WITH four blinking lights on my trane xr80
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The downstairs is just blowing air, no heat at all. I changed the filters, which weren't dirty, and I think I did the tapping on the open limit switch correctly, but no change.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 6 months ago.
Hello, If you follow the wires from the limit switch on the front wall, does it go to a switch on the burner box?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have wires going from a 12 wire bundle into the limit switch, on the fan
is your unit a upflow or down flow? Or can you post a pic of the furnace with doors off?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Down flow, I believe. I have two units in my attic. One seems to be working just fine. I will post a pic.
if downflow you have 2 on blower and one on front wall near burners
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't paste in the picture.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I text you or email you the picture?
you can use the attache files button...or just give me model number found inside unit and I can post
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where do I find the model number?
in the burner section..behind bottom door..usually a tag on the interior side
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hmm - I still don't see anything. Would it be in the other unit?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am trying to send the file now.
Thank you. Now lets remove bottom door....look for a flat plate with 2 wires attached on the front wall..tell me if you identify it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Black wires?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not sure what you mean by bottom door. My unit is laying horizontal and I thought this would be a simpler fix than it sounds like.
usually is generally credit card sized or bandaid size with 2 wires have 2 is blower is burner section...we need burner section
if you are not comfortable with the process do not feel like you have to continue...just let me know..
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes - thanks. I am just going to have someone come take a look tomorrow. I can't follow the instructions. Appreciate your time!
You are welcome... Just rate service and I will close for you. I wish you the best Billy
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. Answer: If you can not get someone out sooner you would be looking for this device on the unit and that is what will need to be changed out. Often seeing a picture is a lot better so there is a link to it below. If you need anything else or help changing it just let me know. CLICK HERE All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!