BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

American stsndard air handler fan attempts to start but just

Customer Question

american stsndard air handler fan attempts to start but just keeps rotating a little and vibrating the whole unit
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: model TWE065E 13FB2 air handler fan attempting to start but does not
JA: Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 8 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** wheel of the blower spin freely if you turn with power off?The main issue with this unit is the module on the rear of the motor. This motor is an ecm motor and receives low voltage signals to vary speed...stopping, starting, surging all indicative of a bad module.
here is example