Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have an intertherm

Customer Question

I have an intertherm heater installed in2012.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry, Red light is constant ON. Heater will not ignite. It just has slight hum when it wants to start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Is the draft inducer fan (small fan on the front of the unit) running?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Small fan within the chimney (black cylinder) sounds like it's running.
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
I don't know what you mean by "within the chimney"? The draft fan is on the front of the furnace inside the burner compartment
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sounds like a fan where the limit switch hose is connected to exhaust stack
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
Ok, so the draft fan is running or is it just humming? I also need the model number of your unit
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
M1MC077ABW. Fan is running
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The inducer fan is running
Expert:  Rick replied 6 months ago.
I just got called away. I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.Code led steady on means control is ok, put t-stat to off, reset power to furnace, listen to furnace for any sounds, then call for heat at t-stat an go listen for sound again, try and pinpoint where sound comes from (part),
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did all that. Still didn't work. Other service tech got called away. So. While waiting I ran into town got a new igniter and now the furnace works. I would like a refund from
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just requested a refund thru the wesite. Thanx