Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I am working on a customer that has a Lennox LGA240 RTU, with

Customer Question

I am working on a customer that has a Lennox LGA240 RTU, with the Johnson Controls Metasys controller installed. I want to remove that controller and revert back to standard thermostat control. Possible?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!I show this unit can be hooked up several ways including a standard thermostat. do you have the standard terminals on the board? R,W,Y,G.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.
OK, so just remove the wiring from the Johnson control unit and hook up your standard thermostat wires to the board.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.
That should be all there is to it.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.
Make sure it's a 2 HEAT, 2 COOL thermostat
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you have additional questions. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions. Remember, you can rate question at any point and still ask more questions (related to the same thing) later on. Experts prefer if you rate question at the end of our first chat.