Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Phil. I'm renting a relatively new home with a heat pump

Customer Question

Hi Phil. I'm renting a relatively new home with a heat pump and Honeywell 5000 series t-stat. The issue I'm having is that twhile the temperature in the house stays perfectly at the set point, the fan seems to run an awful lot. Not constantly but for several hours at a time. Even when the heat pump seems to not be cycling. I don't know if this is a peculiarity with the t-stat or a sign of some other problem. Thoughts?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.What is the indoor unit make and model number.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Honeywell TH 5220
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.
Thanks but I meant the furnace or air handler...
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'll have to get into the crawl space tonight and get back to you.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.
While your at it if you could provide me a clear picture of inner electronic compartment that might help us pinpoint the issue rapidly.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Took these before I left this morning. We have one heat pump with an emergency heater.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I am here to assist you, let me study your file......
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.
OK we will continue when you get home and provided all the info...Luke