Sean, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner HVAC company
64612473

Have a Fujitsu mini split. Had the power flicker off & on 4

Customer Question

Have a Fujitsu mini split. Had the power flicker off & on 4 or 5 times during a storm. Unit not working. Get 4 green light flashes (timer) then 4 red light (operation) and 4 green (timer) at the same time. I know it has something to do with the power outage.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No just trying to find out what the light code means
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello, can I cancel my question? I understand you may need to keep the $5 deposit. Just let me know if I can cancel the response to my question.
Expert:  Sean replied 8 months ago.
Have you resolved this brenda, If not I will be more than happy to help you
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No I have not. But I figured if it won't be until sometime tomorrow before someone had an answer for me I would just call my local HVAC contractor. Had rain & wind earlier today & the power flickered off & on about 4 or 5 times consecutively within a matter of seconds & that's when I noticed the issue. Was trying to see if it was something I could fix myself or reset tonight.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can't find what the light codes mean online.
Expert:  Sean replied 8 months ago.
Im sure I have a manual In my truck what's model number of the unit
Expert:  Sean replied 8 months ago.
Can you make sure that the codes are flashing 4 and 4 ? I found my codes..... but I see nothing for 4 and 4
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The information that I provided you is correct. Both units are doing the exact same thing & have been since yesterday. The red and green lights blink 4 times together and then the red light blinks 4 times by itself. Then no lights blink for approximately 4 seconds then the sequence begins again. If you are unable to help me, that is fine, just tell me that you are unable to assist me. This was an HVAC forum, so I thought I would give it a try. As you requested earlier, the model numbers on the 2 units I have are as follows: ASU9RLQ and ASU18RLQ. The units are several years old. As I stated earlier, this is as a result of the power flickering off and on multiple times yesterday. That is when it happened. I am just trying to figure out if it's a fuse, if there is a reset button somewhere or what have you. I have already checked the breakers outside & they didn't trip. Please just let me know if you are unable to help. Thanks
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your time. I am on the phone with the Fijutsu company now with tech support. Thank you.