Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

My gas hot water boiler started making a whistling noise a

Customer Question

my gas hot water boiler started making a whistling noise a couple of days ago when it is on demand. It also make a ticking noise like a clock
do you have any quick advice as to why?
Thanks.
Tim
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.This is caused by sediment trapped in the bottom of the tank. Have you been flushing the tank out annually?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.
Did you get my reply OK?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you have additional questions. Otherwise, good luck and thanks for using Just Answer. Please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise, experts work at their own time and expense. Follow up questions are always welcome.