Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

One zone of my honeywell z322 is not blowing heat JA: Thanks.

Customer Question

one zone of my honeywell z322 is not blowing heat
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the thermostat is set to 70 and the temp has not went above 65 for two days zone 1 is working fine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello, try setting the thermostat up to 75 or 80F and tell me if the zone gets any warmer (that is a test of the thermister sensor in the thermostat) We can go from there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I turned them up and nothing happened.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does make a clicking noise, but nothing else happens. I also tried putting the fan on and nothing happened.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i already put a deposit down, but if you need 13 more please send the link.
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, Locate the zone damper for zone 2, and tell me if you can see it move when you change *both thermostats to heating and 90F, and then cooling and 60F... if it does not move, measure the voltage between the two or three small wires connected to it... remove the wire nuts to take these measurements.... if you have changes in voltage between 0 and 24vac and the damper does not move, then the damper motor is defective. If you do not get voltage between the two or three wires, then it is most likely that one of the relays in the zone controller for zone 2... To verify that fit a jumper between R and W at the thermostat connections on the zone controller for zone 2. then remove that and fit a jumper wire between R and Y at the thermostat connections to the zone controller. Tell me if you see the relay for zone 2 operating, or the 24vac reading between the two or three wires going to the damper motor changing. This is complex, but if you read it over a few times, and take it step by step it will all make sense. We can go from there.