BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Pearl - JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit

Customer Question

Hello Pearl -
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a comformaker furnace and I have tried to re-boot it by turning off the breaker then the system runs but then shuts down. We have removed the cover and it says we have a soft lockout - main limit open to long. One hour delay (it was 7 flashes)
JA: Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: Thats all the info (7 flashes)
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I will assist you with that.Can you provide me with the exact model number located inside furnace on a rating plate sticker.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.
That means the high temp. safety has opened to shut down the burners. Most likely causes, is a dirty air filter, closed feed and/ or return vents, as well, clogged blower wheel or a dirty air conditioning coil located above furnace in the plenum duct.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.
Does the main blower go on after it locks out?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 8 months ago.
Hello, your main issue is the limit is still open...it is not relevant if the main blower goes on after it locks out...because you are already locked out.If you would like to know how to reset or repair let me know. My name is***** will get it going then address why.