Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

I am trying to find out how to reset the message that the filter

Customer Question

I am trying to find out how to reset the message that the filter needs to be changed on my amana thermostat. Can you help?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: There is a message scrolling across the top of the display of the thermostat which tell me to check filter. I have changed the filter but I need to reset the thermostat itself. It is an Amana tstata4272. I am unable to find a user manual for this model on the internet.
JA: Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.Here's the manual. Amana is a relabled Goodman product.MANUAL Filter alert reset is on page 15
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This does not tell me HOW to reset the alert and additionally my thermostat is the model tstata4272 which does not have the color display or touch screen.
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.
Sorry I misread the model number. I'm going to open this up to my colleagues so one of them can help. Please don't respond (even to acknowledge this post)until you get a response from us. If you respond first it will only delay your answer.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I will try to assist you with that issue.I have a manual of a similar product, is there a door on the right side of t-stat that will open's up and there are more buttons in there including a filter reset button. if yes proceedPress and hold the RESET FILTER button to reset the filter counter to 0 and remove the icon from the display
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 8 months ago.
Hello, Here is the manual for you and you want to see page 18. You can eleiminate this tier if you like. See Here for Manual My name is ***** ***** you need anything else.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Billy but if you read customers response to Rico before he opted out.. Thermostat is the model tstata4272 which does not have the color display or touch screen.The manual you provided is apparently not the right one.Dear customer please proceed by reppying toCustomerlast question.Please disregard automated (Ready to be rated text) and only rate when we are done.Customer
Mr Gaztech, I fear this will be embarrassing for you, but the first manual supplied was 4271 which was incorrect. The one supplied by me is the matching number for the customer with the exception of customer had one digit wrong..instead of a tstata it is tstatg. The one I supplied does NOT have the touch screen nor color. I am sorry but you goofed on this one in your haste. Please research the numbers...look at number of first manual supplied...then the correct one.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.
Not embarrassing at all we are all here to assist one another.The manual TSTAT G 4272 you provided is going to work as the model number customer provided is TStAT 4272 was not found.The one you provided is the one I am using to assist customer.Thanks Billy, we will be just fine.Dear customer please disregards ***** ***** message Rate Answer until you are satisfied and we are done.Gaztech1
Hello, Here is the manual for you and you want to see page 18. See Here for Manual My name is ***** ***** you need anything else
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.
Sorry, Typo errorHere is the manual for you and you want to see page 18.See Here for Manualhttp://www.goodmanmfg.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=cNxNjM0e2jE%3D&tabid=2216
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.
Manual link page 18http://www.goodmanmfg.com/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=cNxNjM0e2jE%3D&tabid=2216