Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

The fan on my Quatro Furnace, Model # ***** runs

Customer Question

Hi. The fan on my Quatro Furnace, Model # ***** runs constantly. I have tried the thermostat but the only way to shut it off is with the circuit breaker. It still puts out heat per the thermostat.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: A service technician inspected the unit and said it was the control circuit board.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
Hello, a bad control board will indeed cause the problem. Also however in some models there is a temperature sensitive switch that cycles the blower motor in heating mode. If you attach a close up, very well lit and well focused photo of the wiring diagram glued inside the blower compartment door, I can coach you how to determine which is the case. Use the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar above or the 'attach files' link to the left of your send button to attach the picture. We can go from there
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No thanks, I got it.